Terms and Conditions
You must be 18 years of age to use this Website.
You agree to be bound and abide by the terms and conditions detailed below. These are brought to your attention at the point of registration for bidding at each sale. You are advised to read them carefully and only register if you agree with them. SJH - All Plant Group Ltd hold Preview days allowing bidders the opportunity to view and inspect the goods offered prior to bidding. We remind you that if you are a consumer you have no right of cancellation under the Distance Selling Directive (Directive 97/7/EC). The implied terms of The Sale of Goods Act do not apply to Auction Sales of Second hand goods (provided, opportunity to attend in person - see DTI Directive The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002). If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not register for the auction.
For the purposes of these terms we will use the following glossary:
- "SJH - All Plant Group Ltd" T/A SJH - All Plant Group Ltd the Company that owns and operates the www.sjhallplant.com website with its registered office at 5 Doolittle yard, Froghall Road, Ampthill, Beds, MK45 2NW registered number 04500584, SJH - All Plant Group Ltd is VAT registered (VAT No: GB 763817894).
- "Website" refers to www.sjhallplant.com
- "Auctioneer" means the traditional Auctioneer who has listed their catalogue with SJH - All Plant Group Ltd.
- "Timed Auction" means an automatic auction that takes place online. The Auctioneer will describe the lots, list them on the "Website” and deal with all pre and post-sale enquiries, we will hold preview days. Bids are placed and accepted without the auctioneer calling the bids. Each auction shall have an end time and to prevent “bid sniping” the end time will automatically be extended. The highest bid to be the winning bid.
- "Bidder" means anyone using the www.sjhallplant.com website whether registered to do so or is merely browsing the site.
- "Live Bidding Console" this is the web based console that the Auctioneer uses to run the live element of the sale. The Bidder also has a Live Bidding Console that is used to place bids live during the sale.
- "Live Bid" is when a Bidder clicks on the bid button on the Live Bidding Console which is then relayed to the Auctioneer.
SJH - All Plant Group Ltd has developed a portal website that allows Bidders to participate in a real auction in real time without having to attend the sale in person. The auction is broadcast via the internet and the bidder is given the opportunity to bid by clicking a bid button.
SJH - All Plant Group Ltd does not charge Bidders for accessing the Website or Signing up for the auction. However if you wish to bid on the items we request a minimum of £250 deposit which will be refundable via paypal / worldpay. Or alternatively should you wish to make a deposit over the phone, you will need to call to request a refund onto the card the payment was taken from by supplying the original details.
- The Bidder must register with SJH - All Plant Group Ltd in order to use the Website.
- The Bidder must then register for each sale they intend to bid in and be approved by the Auctioneer prior to bidding. Once the Bidder has chosen a registration option for a sale and registered for that sale the Bidder cannot change the registration option for that sale. The Bidder must provide up to date correct information.
- The Auctioneer may approve or decline a Bidder at his discretion and is not obliged to disclose reasons for declining a Bidder. SJH - All Plant Group Ltd reserves the right to refuse and or cancel a registration for any reason.
- The Bidder agrees to not disclose details of their account to any third party or share account details with any other party. The bidder accepts that all activity conducted via their account will be the liability of the Bidder account holder.
- If the Bidder believes that there has been any breach of security such as the disclosure, theft or unauthorised use of the Bidder login or account details, the Bidder must immediately notify SJH - All Plant Group Ltd by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bidding Process
All Bids are final and legally binding in accordance with British Law.
Before bidding the Bidder should satisfy himself / herself that the item that they are bidding on is what they think it is. SJH - All Plant Group Ltd accepts no responsibility for the description, authenticity, attribution, genuineness, origin, provenance, authorship, date, age, period, quality, condition, fitness for purpose or legality of any lot offered.
The Live bidding console is operated by the Auctioneer’s clerk as the sale happens, following the Auctioneer. This relies on the accuracy and speed of the clerk, and the patience of the Auctioneer to accept bids from the console as they are relayed to the Auctioneer by the clerk. We ask all Bidder’s to bid early and quickly in order to avoid missed bids. SJH - All Plant Group Ltd accepts no responsibility for the failure or non- acceptance of bids by the Auctioneer for whatever reason.
The bidder agrees that we use a third party payment processor to process and manage the storage of payments details, in a PCI compliant manner, allowing certain
Payment for Won Lots.
This is a matter for the Bidder and the SJH –All Plant Group Ltd the Bidder agrees to pay SJH – All Plant Group Ltd for the won lots together with any other Auctioneer charges. In the event that the Bidder fails to pay for successful bids the deposit will not be refunded and kept to cover loss of sale charges and admin expenses incurred. Shipping or collection of Won
Transport and Shipping is the bidder’s responsibility. SJH – All Plant Group Ltd can obtain quotes / deliver at an additional cost, please ask for more details.
Refund and Cancellation
Any service or subscription charges paid are non-refundable. Services are provided on a per-event basis and paid accordingly. There is no need to inform us of your wish to cancel any service as you will not be re-billed unless you specifically sign up to further events with us. Deposit placed for bidding purposes are refundable upon request in the event that you did not win
Limitations of service and Liability
- The Bidder accepts that the website may encounter technical difficulties beyond the control of SJH - All Plant Group Ltd and the service may be withdrawn at any time. SJH - All Plant Group Ltd accepts no liability for loss of service outside its reasonable control including internet failures, subcontractors IT systems, and telecoms failures. The Bidder is advised to make alternative provision for bidding should this occur.
- SJH - All Plant Group Ltd accepts no responsibility for the service and cannot make any guarantees that the service will be uninterrupted.
- SJH - All Plant Group Ltd does not warrant that the Website is free of viruses or anything else that may contaminate or be destructive and therefore the Bidder accepts
that SJH- All Plant Group Ltd does not provide protection of the Bidder’s system against potential threats or damage.
- SJH - All Plant Group Ltd accepts no responsibility for the inclusion of any information, language or content or any detrimental effect it may have.
Copyright and Website Protection
The Bidder will not cause SJH - All Plant Group Ltd any loss, damage or liability whatsoever. The Bidder will not copy, modify or publically display content of the website, make a derivative product or cause any burden or unreasonable demand on the website. The Bidder will not use any offensive, defamatory, illegal or controversial language when using the Website or act in a manner that will cause harm to SJH - All Plant Group Ltd.
The "Price Guide" is provided with no guarantee of accuracy of hammer prices. The hammer prices published are provided by the Auctioneer during a live auction and do not always reflect unsold lots.
These terms and conditions are subject to change. SJH - All Plant Group Ltd reserves the right to amend them at any time. Notification of this amendment shall be effected by posting the new terms and conditions on the Website.